Search This Blog

Monday 6 November 2017

Sensius Laser Hair Removal

More and more people are turning to laser hair removal in recent years.  It boasts permanent hair reduction, it's quick and in recent years has become very affordable.  

I had been considering laser hair removal for a few years now and around this time last year I decided to book a consultation in Sensius in Swords Pavillions.  

My skin/hair

I have medium to coarse hair and very VERY pale skin.  My hair ranges from blonde to dark brown depending on where it is on my body. 

The consultation

I had my consultation with Laura (whom I just love, her attitude towards her clients is amazing!  She is the warmest and loveliest person!).  She asked me a few questions about my hair and skin type, any medications I was taking and whether the area I wanted treated had been exposed to sunlight in the past six weeks.  Once this was finished she tested a small area of my skin with the laser.  I was deemed to be a suitable candidate and booked in for 6 sessions then and there.

The process

You have a session every six weeks. On arriving at the appointment you are required to sign off stating that you:  haven't taken antibiotics in the past two weeks, haven't taken painkillers or anti-inflammatory medications in the past 24 hours and that the area being treated hasn't been exposed to the sun in the past six weeks.  The treatment itself takes less than five minutes and pain wise it's pretty ok - as the treatments go on the sensation can become more intense but still it's pretty bearable.  You are required to wear special glasses to protect your eyes from the laser and then all you need to do is sit back and let the lovely technician work their magic.  Once the treatment is finished you are given some aloe vera gel to apply to the area and then you're done. 

Sensius Pre and Post Treatment Care

Pre-Treatment Care for Laser Hair Removal

  • Shave the area 24 hours before treatment with new razor
  • No plucking, tweezing or waxing for at least 1 month before treatment
  • Do not use bleach or any hair removal creams for 2 weeks prior to treatment
  • You must use SPF 30 (minimum) on the area daily
  • Laser treatments cannot and will not be done if client has fake tan or natural tan on the day of treatment
  • Before treatment please inform your therapist if you are taking any medication (antibiotics etc) or if your medication has changed since your last visit
  • Avoid the use of sunbeds, fake tan, tanning injections, tanning tablets and sun exposure
  • Avoid the use of make-up, body lotions and deodorants on the area prior to coming for your treatment

Post-Treatment Care for Laser Hair Removal

  • Apply Aloe Vera on the area to help soothe the skin
  • No heat treatments, ie hot showers, baths, sauna, jacuzzi for 24 hours
  • No vigourous sweating, ie gym, running for 24 hours
  • Avoid sun exposure on the area
  • Do not apply any deodorants or lotions to the area that has been treated for 24 hours
  • Exfoliate the area one week after treatment to encourage the hairs to fall out
  • Use sunscreen daily
  • Avoid picking or scratching the treated area
  • Shaving is the only method of hair removal in between treatments

Thoughts...


I completed my 6 sessions of laser hair removal for my underarms in May and have only needed one top up since.  The hair is much finer and lighter and I've seen about a 90% reduction overall.  I'm currently getting my bikini area done and after four treatments have seen a huge difference and a dramatic reduction in both hair and the occurrence of ingrown hairs (something that used to be the BANE of my life).

Top ups are required every so often as hair growth patterns change due to age, hormones etc.  You do however get a free top up if you recommend a friend and they buy a package.

Sensius always have brilliant special offers on, so go check them out.  The staff are unbelievably lovely and go out of their way to make their clients feel comfortable.  Make sure you tell them Lesley sent you ;) x

1 comment: